Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 54 of 365

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We had Karlie's 1 year doctor appointment this morning with shots and all. After waiting an hour at the doctor office just to go back to see the doctor for 15 minutes we were finally done and on our way for the rest of the day. The waiting room was packed and all the doctors were running behind... supposedly the computers were down and everything had to be done on paper and takes that much longer. All I know is that all the juice and snacks that I brought were gone and both girls were way over waiting any longer! Oh well... at least we know she is a healthy little girl weighing 20 pounds and is 29 1/2" tall. That only puts her at the 25th% in weight and 50th% in height... much smaller than her big sister was at the same age. Makenna was always at the top of the charts at the 85th% and 90th% for everything. Still amazes me how different two kids can be when they came from the same people. They each have their own personality and traits and likes and dislikes and through the years it will only become more and more apparent to us what all the differences are between them.

After the doctors we had to head to Costco for necessities and yet again I am reminded as to why I or anyone else wastes money on buying "toys" for the girls when all they ever need is an empty box to play in! As I was unloading and putting away everything I gave the girls some grapes to share as a snack so I could finish. Once I was done I couldn't find them but when I looked around the corner they were very quietly eating their snacks in the corner in the box watching the cartoons from a distance! So why again do parents and grandparents and anybody else for that matter spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on toys when they just want empty boxes to climb in and out of? Silly girls!!!

And another toy that isn't the toy... the laundry basket! Let's play roll it back and forth to each other and then toss it and all sorts of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment