Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 35 of 365

Friday, February 4, 2011

Before I forget a cute story for Makenna... Tonight as we came home we walked up the sidewalk to the front door and something somehow made Makenna say "candy canes" and I stopped and said "what Makenna, candy canes?" and she got so excited and said "yay candy canes" I had to laugh but told her she was going to have to wait until next Christmas and then she yelled even louder and jumped "kissmas tree kissmas tree yay candy canes kissmas tree..." by this time I have the front door open and she runs in and falls to the ground after several of her jumps and arms flying in the air and proceeds to roll around on the floor yelling very loudly "yay candy cane kissmas tree kissmas tree yay candy cane"!!! If I didn't have to turn the house alarm off I would have attempted to catch it on video... but no such luck. And after all that we let the dogs in the house and come back in and she see her blanket laying on the floor and picks it up and says "blanket stay here... I lub you blanket" the blanket stay here part is from me because I told her as we were walking out the door blanket had to stay here. This kid cracks me up!

Anyway... a whole lot of nuthin' goin' on here today. Chad went back to work after being home for the last 11 days so the girls and I played and cleaned all day and finally hit the gym this evening. I managed to walk on the treadmill for 45 minutes and made it 3.0 miles! No that's not amazing but I was quite proud of myself... 3.1 miles is a 5k marathon. Lately I have been toying with the idea of running a marathon and whether or not I'd be able to stay alive afterward. I know that I could do a 5k easy... well no not easy but I could handle it. My good friend Teal is walking in a 13k in a few months and I'm debating whether to join her or not. I would need proper shoes (mine are several years old and just getting me though until we can afford new ones) and I would also need to seriously do some training. A 13k is roughly 8 miles. If I managed to keep the fast pace I had tonight it would take me exactly 2 hours to finish walking a 13k... not sure I feel like walking that fast for 2 hours! But if Teal was by my side than it would be so much easier right? Who knows I'm not sure... there is also a 5k mud run here in town in May that looks interesting and I've heard from people who have done them that they are a blast. Not sure what to think. I need to get into shape and lose weight and tighten up a few areas so maybe a marathon would be a good motivator for me? I think I need to get a little more info and look into the options out there. For now... to be continued...

Here are some pictures of my attempt to cook dinner tonight. Makenna wants to help stir so I let her dump the rice in the pan and then stir it around. And of course Karlie has to be in the kitchen with us and wants to be held... well I needed to focus on Makenna near a flame so I had to let Karlie play in the cupboards which isn't allowed (yes slight OCD on my part with the organization of my cupboards) and she had a blast knocking over all the boxes and pulling them out and putting them back in... in all the wrong places of course! Oh well making dinner tonight was interesting and challenging. But we had a very healthy dinner of rice, chicken and steamed veggies!

Miss Karlie wants to get into everything anywhere... so much out there in the world for her to discover!

Had to post this picture from them playing this morning... The ball pit is a HUGE hit!! I could stare at Karlie's smile all day... after a child who barely smiled (Makenna) and still refuses to smile especially for pictures... when Karlie smiles all day everyday it just lights my world and makes me smile :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment