Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 47 of 365

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Well... the reviews of my first time leading MOPS this morning... FANTASTIC!!! I really enjoyed myself and I think all the ladies enjoyed the story and games as well! I was so nervous and uncomfortable praying out loud in front of the group... but I just kept it quick and to the point and all was well. I read a super cute story about a little 6 year old girl asking her mom questions about Heaven. She asked is people had to brush their teeth in Heaven and the mom replied no all people will have dentures that never wear out and if people had to take showers in heaven and she said no all people will always smell good. Cute questions but the big questions the little girl asked were where her mommy would be when she gets to heaven (in the italian restaurant all you can eat buffet of course!) and if Jesus has a book of who goes to Heaven and what if you do something bad, the mom said you need to be sorry and ask for forgiveness and Jesus will be happy. So anyway after the super cute story my questions to the group were, "Who told you about Jesus and his love?" (such as your parents, a grandparent, a teacher at school or a neighbor friend?) I wanted to show the women that as mothers we are responsible for showing our children the love of Jesus and the opportunity that having a relationship with him will provide for our kids. And then in smaller discussions among our tables about how we can show and teach our kids about Jesus. What are some of the tools you use that work? What doesn't work? What are some of the struggles you have or praises you have in teaching about Jesus? And then after enough chit chat... onto the fun games. A little get to know you game... 2 truths and 1 lie, and then a relay game. The picture above is the result of the relay. There were 4 teams and they had to diaper a baby doll while holding a phone on their ear and then put a puzzle together and then find a bible verse and write it down and then finally make a flower out of play-dough and once all done bring all items up to me. 2 teams were done at the same time and racing up and it was so so funny for everyone! I finished the meeting with 20 minutes left which was great so we could have time to make a few announcements and chat time and then a final prayer! Oh goodness what a relief it was for me to have everything go so well and to be done. It was a quick 2 hours! And once I got home I was exhausted! I hope that Jen (the leader) knows that I am more than willing to lead again if she ever needs or wants it... I just hope it's not a regular thing! :-)

Little Miss Karlie has discovered what fun it is to stick your fingers in your nose! She's been sticking various fingers in her nose for a while... it's quite cute but I just hope she quits it soon! It's also quite gross! Silly baby she is just to cute for me to tell her no every single time! Oh well... all in due time.


Oh little girl how brave you are! She absolutely has NO fear what so ever! She's decided that standing on chairs in the middle of the room is a fun activity! She either is climbing up the chairs to get on top of the table or just climbing up the chair to stand on top of it. She can't figure out how to get down yet and falls off every time. She hasn't hurt anything yet and only cried the first time but now just falls off and rolls over and crawls on to another toy for a little more play time. Yet again it amazes me how different her sister and her are in this category! My sweet sensitive Makenna still cries every single time she falls down no matter how serious or minor!

No comments:

Post a Comment