Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 5 of 365

No pictures today... snapped only one of Karlie in my arms that was super close and a major frown. we'll get pictures tomorrow when Daddy is home. This morning we headed to MOPS and then home for lunch and naps and then to the fire station for dinner with daddy. Yes I know I should take picture of the girls at the station... I had the camera with me as always just forgot! Next time I will try to remember. House is tore up pretty good and we are all tired and needing bed. That's just how it goes after a busy day!

I gave Makenna and Karlie separate bowls of Cheerios this morning and they both managed to dump them and spread them all over the floor... but since Karlie is my little floor eater she managed to pick up and eat most of them throughout the day. I probably should have cleaned them up but it kept her entertained and gave her a snack whenever she wanted one she knew where they were! Makenna was playing nicely with her toys while the TV was on for background noise and at some commercial there was a lot of cheering going on so she stopped her playing and shouted quiet loudly "Happy New Year"!!! It was quite funny at the moment.

Total mommy moment... picked Makenna up from her crib this morning and changed her diaper... with a naked bottom she lifted her legs off the floor and farted... looked straight at me and said "Kenna farted" and then laughed hysterically. She thought it was so funny and of course I did too. So tonight when putting her nite-nite diaper on she farted again. Wasn't quite as dramatic and funny as this morning but she still got a good kick out of it. The things that she finds funny is what makes me laugh and love being a mom! The sweet innocence of a child is pure joy.

MOPS is on my mind and has been all day. I truly enjoy every single one of the ladies in the group and there are a few that are really struggling with a some "life issues" lately. The lord works in mysterious ways and I will leave it to him to help them how he does. Looking at the calendar I got this morning there are a few verses that are sticking out to me...

"With God all things are possible" Matthew 19:26
"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" 1 Peter 5:7

It gives me such joy and hope knowing that the Lord above provides all for those in need. He is a great and mighty God.

No comments:

Post a Comment