Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1

Well... Here goes nothing! After a conversation with Teal in regards to wishing we had more time and focus for scrap-booking the kids' books... she has suggested I try out her "project 365". She said I'm supposed to take a picture of the kids every single day and write a little sentence or two about the picture or just about the day. Seems like a lot of work to me so she suggested I start a blog... like an online journal... so here I go trying to journal my thoughts and keep a record of my children's lives!

Today is January 1, 2011 and for the first day of the year we haven't done a whole lot. Chad took down the Christmas lights on the outside of the house while I cleaned the inside between playing with the girls. And this evening was spent watching hockey for several hours. The annual Winter Classic Hockey game was on as well as a regular Kings hockey game... Chad was super happy! One of these years I would love to surprise him with tickets to the Winter Classic.
Watching the girls play together gets better and better each day! Karlie can crawl sooooo fast! She tries to chase after Makenna and laughs and squeals... it's so fun to watch them. Makenna has lately been tackling Karlie and trying to wrestle with her... not something I think is appropriate for an 11 month old to be doing... but hey you have to let her defend herself a few times! Can't raise a girly girl!

Seems like since this is my first "blog" I should give a full detail to the world of the girls' lives but that's just a little more than I care to do. Makenna is 2 years 2 months and 3 weeks old... Karlie is 11 months and 2 days old. Makenna is a typical 2 year old full of attitude and so much more! She believes she is the boss of this house and truly acts like it! She makes me laugh and smile throughout the day and yet knows exactly how to push my buttons! Karlie is my angel who will be my trouble maker! She truly makes me smile and laugh all day long! I love my beautiful girls and feel so blessed to be their mommy and to be able to spend every day with them is the most rewarding thing I could ever do!

So here is my attempt to keep a record of my little babies lives as they grow so quickly and I forget all the wonderful things they do every day. Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment