
SNOW DAY!!!!!!! This weekend it drop a couple feet of snow up in the "mountains" of Southern California... and yes I say the term mountains loosely! The one and only mountain up here really isn't much for me compared to where I grew up... oh well non the less it's a mountain and there was snow! I personally had an extremely busy day today and not a lot of room to play and have fun... so we were up early and headed out of the house around 8:30 for Forrest Falls. Took a heck of a lot longer to get there than what I had expected... part was traffic, part was it's a ways up there, and part was my fear of the snow/ice on the road which lead to Chad driving 10 mph and being honked at by everyone... he is such a wonderful husband to put up with my terrors and fears. Long story short... we made it to the park at the end of the road and there was a ton of snow and since we were so early there was only a few other people up there. We bundled up the girls nice and warm and dry and dragged them in the sled in the parking lot for a little while until Makenna wanted out and never wanted back into the sled. Both girls were tired and they really weren't old enough to figure out how to play in the snow quite yet so we tried our best to sled down a small slope and to eat fresh snow and to toss it... nothing worked! So half an hour maybe 45 minutes tops we were back in the truck headed back home and both girls fell asleep the whole way home.

I'm glad we went and gave the girls their very first snow experience... but I am thinking in the next few years they will really understand the whole snow thing and want to go and play and have fun. For now we might just look at the beautiful snow and not venture into it.

The girls looked super cute in their snow suits though and I am tempted to dress them up again just because... even inside the house... Karlie especially! She reminded me of Ralphie's little brother on the movie "The Christmas Story". I can never remember his name but the part where he has so many layers on and falls over and can't get back up. At one point I put Karlie down in the snow to see what she would do... she sat there for a little bit and then rolled over to crawl away... and she just fell flat on her belly and kept trying to get up on her knees but couldn't... too much snow suit all bunched up! It was funny for me but she got frustrated pretty quick!
No comments:
Post a Comment